Signs You Have a Busted Air Conditioner
Sometimes there’s no question you need an AC repair. When an air conditioner stops running or you can’t feel any cool air from the vents—yes, you have to have it fixed as soon as possible.
But an air conditioner can malfunction in subtler ways. Make no mistake, the malfunction still warrants a professional air conditioning repair, but you’ll need to be on the watch for the warning signs:
- Strange noises from the AC cabinet, which can include rattling, grinding, hissing, and clicking.
- Short-cycling, which is when the air conditioner’s compressor turns on and off rapidly over an hour (less than every 15 minutes).
- Hot spots appearing in rooms around the house that are usually just fine when the AC is running.
- Any unexpected rise in your electrical bills during periods when you regularly use the air conditioner.
- A decrease in airflow from room vents.
Let an HVAC Professional Diagnose and Fix the Cooling System
If you’ve noticed any of these AC warning signs—or the air conditioning system is flat-out broken—you might feel tempted to grab a few tools and try to do the work on your own.
Please resist this temptation! AC repair is a technical job requiring years of refrigeration training. We have service techs experienced with diagnosis and applying the right repairs. They’ll see whatever is ailing your cooling system is remedied. They take pride in getting the job done fast and right so the trouble stays fixed. You won’t need to keep calling back to re-do a poor air conditioning repair, which is something you can expect from amateurs.
We’re the Smart Choice in Anaheim, CA for the Best Home Cooling!
You may feel worried that when you call a contractor to repair your AC that they’ll just tell you to pay for a new system installation. But you can trust Smart Choice Heating and Air to give you an honest consultation to weigh the benefits of repair vs. replace. They’ll tell you when a repair is the cost-effective choice, and then have the job done to your 100% satisfaction.
If you live in Anaheim, CA or anywhere in Los Angeles County, Riverside County, and San Bernardino County, we are the contractor to turn to for all your HVAC needs. Our history and our dedication to building strong relationships in the community is what makes us the Smart Choice!